We’re always interested in hearing from people or groups who can give us some of their time to help keep Cambridge special. We can offer a wide range of volunteering opportunities – outside and indoors:
- Hands-on habitat management and conservation
- Volunteer wardening
- Leading walks or events
- Helping out at open days or events
- Taking photographs of our properties
- Helping with office tasks (filing, press cuttings, folding leaflets, etc)
- Helping to produce education materials, posters, etc
- Desk-based research
- Join one of our specialist committees, helping us to make decisions about our properties, our planning work, our finances or our governance.
If you feel you have something to offer, we’d love to hear from you – please get in touch.
Anyone can volunteer to help us. We rely heavily on volunteers and members, who generously share their time and knowledge to help us make a difference.
People of all ages and backgrounds volunteer their time to learn new skills, gain work experience, meet new people or simply because of personal interest or wanting to give something back to Cambridge.
NB: For any outdoor work, volunteers will need suitable sturdy footwear and should dress according to the weather – waterproofs, sun hat, sun cream etc. Volunteers under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a guardian. Bring a packed lunch if you are volunteering for a whole day.