Cambridge Preservation Society was founded in 1928 and registered as a charity (no. 204121) in February 1962. We are also a private company limited by guarantee (company number 0239835). In 2009 we changed our name to Cambridge Past, Present & Future.
Our governing document is the Memorandum and Articles of Association (click to download), which was first adopted in 1929 and last updated on 14 July 2009.
Our governing body is the Board of Trustees, comprising the Trustees (the Company Directors) who have full decision-making authority on behalf of the charity's members. The charity has a number of committees and working groups. The Trustees and members of committees are all volunteers.
We report annually to the Charity Commission and to Companies House. We hold an Annual General Meeting to which all members of the charity are invited, this usually takes place in October.